Email Etiquette 101: Email Considerations
Editor’s Note: This blog is part of our Email Etiquette 101 series.
Before sending that mass email, make sure you understand a few email considerations first.
- Before getting upset because you perceive someone didn’t respond, check to see if their reply was inadvertently deleted or sent to your Trash or Junk folder.
- With emotionally charged emails, wait until the next morning to see if you feel the same before clicking Send.
- Feel free to modify the Subject: field to more accurately reflect a conversation’s direction.
- When it comes to your email communications, know who you can trust; trust only those you know.
- Take the time to review each email before clicking Send to ensure your message is clear, and you are relaying the tone that you desire.
- Never use an old email to hit reply and start typing about an entirely new topic.
- Don’t forward emails without investigating its authenticity first.
- Always add the email addresses of websites and new contacts immediately to your approved list of senders.
- Before completing a website’s contact form, make an effort to review the site to be sure the information you seek is not already available.
- Take a quick look at the emails in your Trash before you delete them just in case a good email landed there by mistake.
- If you receive an email chain that asks for you to forward to all of your friends, do everyone a favor and just hit delete!
- Type unto others as you would have them type unto you!
For more customer service tips, visit our blog: www.scoreceo.com/blog.
LEAVE A COMMENT »