Email Etiquette 101: Email Attachments
Editor’s Note: This blog is part of our Email Etiquette 101 series.
About to send a large attachment through email? In today’s Thursday Customer Service, we share tips that will help you send email attachments successfully.
- Always compress large attachments before sending them through email.
- Never send large attachments without notice. Ask the recipient what time would be appropriate to send them.
- Learn how to resample or resize graphics to about 600 pixels in width before attaching them to an email. Doing so will reduce download time.
- Never open email attachments from unknown senders.
- Be sure your virus, adware, and spyware programs are up to date and include scanning of your emails and attachments both incoming and outgoing.
It is better to spread multiple attachments over several emails rather than attaching them all to one email to avoid clogging the pipeline.
- Make sure the recipient has the same software as you before sending attachments, or they may not be able to open them. Use PDF when possible.
For more customer service tips, visit our blog: www.scoreceo.com/blog.
LEAVE A COMMENT »