CRO’s Customer Service Do’s and Don’ts: Chat, IM, Texting
Editor’s Note: This blog is part of our Email Etiquette 101 series.
In today’s Thursday Customer Service, here a few tips when conversing through chat, instant message, and texting that will help your credit repair business strategy.
- Try not to be overly cryptic when writing a text or chat.
- Use Instant Messaging (IM) for casual topics or informational briefs.
- Always start by asking if the person you are messaging is available and if it’s a good time to chat.
- Practice communicating briefly and succinctly.
- Always consider if calling the other party on the phone is better when texting about sensitive topics.
- IMing is not an excuse to forget your grade school education.
- If you are not a smooth multi-tasker, do not continue multiple IM sessions and leave folks hanging while you communicate with others.
- Learn how to use IM features such as the “busy” and “away” messages.
- Never IM under an alias to take a peek at friends’ or associates’ activities.
- Determine if acronyms and emoticons should be used or not in a conversation.
For more customer service tips, visit our blog: www.scoreceo.com/blog.
Comments are closed.